What Are Static Items?
Static items (SosStaticItems) are used for ordering items for which no user typesetting and proofing are needed. Most commonly these are items such as second-sheet letterhead, non-customizable envelopes, and any other item that does not require personalization or imprint. Static items can pass a predefined EPS or PDF file to production. This type of item has no inventory control, yet still offers standard item features such as quantity/price control, item-specific data (production code/materials, etc.), and custom catalog previews.
Advantages of Static Items
Quick ordering of standard products
- Can be added directly to a user’s cart without
needing to be customized.
- Can show previews in the catalog, or allow a
link to a PDF preview
Attaching print-ready files for production
- Export file formats: EPS, PDF (predefined production files).
- Files are sent for production as part of the specified manufacturer process.
- One- and two-page files may be sent to PageDNA’s Imposition system.
- Files may be sent to the user electronically using the eDelivery system.
- Static items can also be ordered without a file attached if the production file is stored locally at the manufacturing vendor.
Mass upload static items to quickly populate large catalogs
- Upload items using a spreadsheet in our Item Editor’s Item Uploader tool.
- Specify all aspects of a static item during upload to have a fully functional catalog.
- Preemptively upload files to connect them to items.
- Upload catalog preview images based on item tag and have them sync to items.
- Upload EPS/PDF production files and specify their location in the spreadsheet to have them sync to items.
- Alternatively, use the system to generate catalog previews based on uploaded PDF production files.