What Is Inventory Control?
PageDNA’s inventory control capabilities help storefront owners manage the complexities inherent in selling goods stocked on a warehouse shelf. Customers can see inventory levels and order from available inventory. For the administration team, PageDNA streamlines finished goods management with automated inventory reporting, low-inventory notifications, and proactive management of SLAs. For customers using MIS systems, inventory integration APIs ensure that PageDNA communicates in real-time with WMS and MIS systems, keeping storefront inventory in sync with the realities of the warehouse.
Advantages of Inventory Controlled Items
- A recorded inventory update history with reporting capabilities.
- The ability to update inventory manually or through automated means.
- A shared stock tag, allowing multiple items to pull from the same inventory total.
- Manual adjustment of the on-hand values, including a note field for why the adjustment was made.
- An item-specific low-stock notification system, sending an email when stock has goes below a certain defined number.
- The ability to notify someone when inventory changes have been made.
- A setting to hide an item on the storefront or make it non-orderable when no stock remains.
- Item-specific informational fields for tracking internal (warehouse) information:
- Bin number, offsite inventory, revision number, and revision date.
- Backorder options:
- Allow unlimited ordering
- Prevent ordering once on-hand stock hits zero
- Allow items to be backordered and fulfilled later
- Allow backordering up to a certain defined amount