What Are Divisions?
The Divisions feature is a powerful tool whose primary purpose is to filter items, imprint
addresses, and shipping addresses for different user groups within a single storefront. These groups could range from internal departments in a single company to multiple small companies sharing a storefront: a “multi-tenant store”. The options for setting up Divisions allow for different ordering experiences for each Division.
Advantages of Divisions
- Imprint and shipping addresses can be restricted to specific Divisions, but edited in one master address list.
- Individual shipping and billing pages can be created, customized, and assigned to Divisions as needed.
- First- and second-level approvers tied into the Approval system can be stored at a Division level.
- Divisions can be set up with their own logo in the store header and their own customer service contact information.
- The system allows each Division to have its own catalog of items, shipping options, and billing options available for placing orders.
- Products can be configured so different imprint rules for personalized branding, specific to that Division, can be applied.
- Individual Divisions can be flagged as nontaxable, allowing certain departments to be excluded from any tax settings in place on the storefront.